Thursday, January 11, 2007

Poop

Today was not the best day. #3 pooped in my lap when I was nursing her this morning, and it became quite symbolic of the rest of the day. It seemed that all day I was being pooped on! I'll share a few of my struggles and ask for prayer and hopefully encourage someone out there that feels like she is the only one struggling today!

-My precious, amazing, beautiful baby whom I adore is a PAIN in the rear in the car! If you've never had a baby who didn't like the car you will shrug this off as no big deal. I know, because until September 21st I was that person. Now I know that a crying baby in the car can be absolutely nerve wrenching! And now we've joined the land of carpools and several trips a day to school. (Sidenote: She is also my only baby that will not take a pacifier. The rejection of the pacifier and the hatred for the car are not good combinations!) I am about to resort to the little tv attached to the headrest with Baby Einstein blaring everywhere we go!

-My little boy has the nastiest green funk cold I have ever seen. He missed two of his first three days of school this week. He missed his first show and tell today, which was heartbreaking. We just got new insurance for the new year and it is so crappy that we have to pray and resort to every last option before we go in for sick visits. Unless there is a catastrophe, we will be paying cash for all visits due to our extremely high deductable. I am about to pull out some of my Nana's home remedies...have you ever had a mecuracrome rub on the back of your throat, vics spread all over your chest or honey and rum cough syrup?

-My brother called tonight and shared some very disturbing news about a family member. Can't say much about that, but I'll be on my knees begging for God's mercy in her life. Things are really bad with that situation. Total poop. (This situation is the crux of why I am feeling down, and consequently all these other silly things are feeling much bigger that they are!)

-Still exhausted from our trip. Trying to catch up on laundry, get used to carpools, and take care of my sick little guy has been a lot. Stopped at a bench in Walmart to nurse the baby during our trip to get groceries. (After four days of fast food I figured it was about time to shop!) Anyway, when I sat down I was so tired I didn't think I could get up and make it to the car! Isn't that pathetic!! There are at least 10 house projects on my list of things I want to do around here while the kids are in school and I really hope to get caught up, have healthy kids, and be able to do these projects that are so fun for me. I have bought all of the stuff to create this awesome space room for the boys' bedrooms, I have beautiful paint for the dining room, I have some cool accessories to hang in the kitchen, etc. I can't wait to get to all of these fun projects!!

- I have GOT to get on a diet! The post partum pounds are not coming off without a little work. Yuck! I have a spare tire around the middle that is very disturbing.

That's it. I'm done with my pitty party. If you've read this far, thanks for letting my vent!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Well, our 3rd was a terrible rider in the car. We discovered that cracking the back window when the weather permitted allowed for much more pleasant trips for some reason.

RHB said...

Give yourself a break on the postpartum pounds. She is only a few months old. I am just now getting bakc into all of my clothes and SA is 22 mos. old. I think you are looking great!