Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Getting in shape


I blogged the other day about losing weight. It's official, I joined Weight Watchers. I am trying to think of it as being more healthy and not a d-i-e-t! Any way, they have a special program for nursing moms. Surely I can stick to 1800 calories a day, 500 more than the other d-i-e-t-e-r-s! I also decided to go to Target and invest in a new workout video. My 2 videos are very "80s" and I needed an update. I bough this video and I LOVE it! I took ballet from age 3-15 and danced with a small ballet company from 12-14. You would never know it by my current shape and lack of flexibility, but it's true! So this workout is a dream for me. Even if you have never taken dance I highly recommend it. It works a number on the abs, bottom, back and legs. And I can also tell I am more aware of posture. I am actually looking forward to working out. I hope to lose 25-30 pounds by the time swim suit season is here!

3 comments:

RHB said...

You go, girl! I bet you will really stick with your workout since it is something you really enjoy. You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Renee,

I have this video too and it is the bomb! I've missed dance as well, and losing the baby weight is definitely harder the second time around. This is a fun way to firm up! Let's get our buff ballet bods back! :)

Happy plie-ing,
Becca (former AU short-term roomie)

Paula said...

I like Weight Watchers because it seems practical.

The video sounds fun. I am proud of you. When do you find the time? I struggle with one.