Monday, May 08, 2006

A Good Read


I have been reading this WONDERFUL book! It is called For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women. Okay, so it is not addressed to females. But I read For Women Only last year and devoured it! So I had to see what the author and her husband had to say about the inner lives of women. I can't speak for all women, but they have me pegged! I have actually found myself crying at how well this book articulates the feelings that I have and find so hard to explain. My husband and I have really made an unusually deep effort to be "real" with one another. I feel like he is closer to me now and knows me better than ever before. And yet sometimes it is still hard for us to understand "what lies beneath". These two books have really helped us both.

Here is one quote from For Men Only, but it doesn't even begin to do the book justice at all.

"The top 5 things that make a woman feel secure:
1.She feels that the two of you are close;
2.She sees that you make time together a priority;
3.She sees your commitment to her;
4.She sees that you are active in the life of the home;
5.She sees you making an effort to provide (AS LONG AS THAT DOESN'T CROWD OUT 1-4)"

If you want a quick read that can transform your marriage I highly recommend this book!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I read "For Women Only" and really liked it, so I will have to read this one.
Thanks for the recommendation!

Anonymous said...

That book sounds interesting--thanks for the recommendation! Sounds like we have similar lives--I had a baby daughter after three boys, and OH what a surprise. It has been such fun--she's now 18 months old. I also had a very painful miscarriage (blogged about it some time ago) at 10 weeks, and I totally understand the pain you felt.

Welcome to the blog world! You're doing great--

Anonymous said...

Got your blog off of RHB's "Misadventures..." I'm so happy for your great news about expecting a baby girl! What a blessing! We're expecting #2 in Nov. LOVED "For Women Only." I read it in two naptimes! Have fun blogging.