Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Checklist accomplished


The main events of the day:
17 weeks to go until we meet our daughter...what will her name be??? I wish we knew!

Those of you who read my blog about housework and how I am determined to do it myself will laugh at this...the house cleaners came today. I know, after all that great advice I still called for back up! But the house sure does smell and look great, and sometimes by golly that is worth $80...but not usually!
My cousin sent baby clothes...oh my gosh, I have never seen so many pink things! Wow!

#1 smushed his finger in the door at gym class. I felt awful for him! I hope the nail doesn't turn a funky color! The picture is blurry...my camera is acting up again! Ugg...

Today I finished all the menial, yucky paperwork and phone calls that I have put off for the last month. (the insurance bill that I didn't understand, the reservation for Memorial day cookout at a park which I almost didn't get due to procrastination, cleaning out the car, organizing the pantry, faxing a few documents, calling ump-teen people about little things, etc., etc.)

My laundry room has less than 10 items in it that are dirty...praise the Lord...and my pantry is full!

AND...my mom is in town and took me out to dinner! Yah-hoo!

5 comments:

terrible speller said...

i really like Lydie Joy. I too am ready to call her by name. You'll never know how much I value your friendship. Love you

Wendy said...

Wow, laundry done, full pantry, clean house, and not making dinner...that is a great day!

Kate said...

Wow - you are fully blessed with a clean house and stocked pantry - but most of all an almost EMPTY laundry room!
I really like the name Lydie Joy - so much sweetness to it.

Joan said...

I'm thinking Abacus Loraine...something like Abby Lo for short, after Jennifer, Lopez?

Just kidding...I like it...It's very lovely.

That laundry room is to die for. Who comes and cleans your house one time? I'm thinking that sounds good...if they can also paint, and caulk and do minor household repair and give me some decorating advice as well.

I need help.

You like to decorate... I should send you my quandries.

Thanks for the comment today! Great to see your visit.

ME

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Abby's. :-)

I love the name Lydia Joy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just had a baby boy three months ago and if it was a girl, her name would have been Lydia Joy!! Pretty cool. :-) So, yes, awesome name choice!