Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A case of the pouts

We have a case of the POUTS! Could it be due to being overly busy this week? Could it be due to spending the night in a hotel and keeping the kids up until 11? Could it be due to eating too much junk food this week? I am praying for wisdom and patience.

Here's an example of the mood around here. I just went to put #2 down for rest time. I started to sing him his favorite lullably, "The Lord Bless You and Keep You", and he said, "Be quiet, Mommy!" I kissed his forehead, said sleep well and bolted for the door. What a little grump! I wasn't sure whether to cry or scream. Then I go into my room where #1 has been given the opportunity to read for a while, which I thought was a gracious treat considering he went to bed at 11 and could use a nap. He is pouting under a pillow because I made him put his toy away. Again, I chose to get out of there fast. I said, "Enjoy your books!" and closed the door.

It has been 5 minutes and #2 is asleep. I can hear #1 reading away. I am thankful that I won't be further frustrated by one of them rebelling against rest time. I pray God will give us grace to deal well with one another the rest of the day. Where's all the testosterone? I am used to two easy-going, some what less emotional boys. Yikes! Bedtime has just moved up an hour!

No comments: