Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Kitchen love

I am finally done with the kitchen. Why do I always set unreasonable deadlines?? We have a small house with (obviously) no upgrades in the kitchen. No stainless steels, solid surface countertops, etc. (check out our microwave!!). But I can honestly say, I love my kitchen! It's just right for me and I'm thankful.

Looking in from the play room (aka dining room)

A view of the table from the sink area

A view from the doorway that leads to the foyer

Cleaned off the frig (again). There are always some veggies and Mason jars up there waiting for us to can or freeze food from Andy's garden.

I adore the beadboard back splash. It was NOT easy. Many more steps involved than I imagined. But I love it.

This corner of the kitchen is completely non-functional. So I just display fun little pretties.

My $4 wooden thingy turned out as I hoped. I used white spray paint for a primer. And then mixed white paint with a little brown for a finish.
My Dad gave us fresh peaches. I don't want to eat them because they are so beautiful, especially with the other oranges in the kitchen. But my love for peach cobbler will soon win that battle!
Another little corner. I mix creams and whites all over. I'm such a rule-breaker!
The coffee corner. Along with a little artwork from our favorite artist, Mrs. Porter.

Voile, new kitchen!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I love it!
And, I especially love that your heart for being content with what you have and making things beautiful for your family.

Jackie said...

Gorgeous!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

:) It's absolutely perfect!!

What I want more than anything else at this moment would be to sit down at your cozy kitchen nook and talk with you for hours while catching up and gazing out to your beautiful backyard!

What a lovely job you've done to make it so welcoming and charming! :) Well done, sweet friend!