Thursday, August 06, 2009

Home Alone (not really)

We are ending our last night of being home alone. The kids have been with their grandparents' for 6 days. I have relished the time to have conversations alone with my husband. We are experiencing what feels like a modern day miracle- my house, car, clothes, closets and sheets are all clean- all at once! We have gotten a lot done around here- both around the house and for the new school year. No matter how much I love to accomplish things, the time I enjoyed the most was just the quiet time to think. No fretting, no convincing, no disciplining, no noise. It has been so refreshing.

Still, I can not wait until tomorrow. I have missed my little ones SO much! Bring on the lovely chaos!

“In solitude we give passionate attention to our lives, to our memories, to the details around us.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One’s Own

No comments: