Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More firsts from the week

~Jaybird had his first karate class. It was a hit! (No embarassing picture taking for him!)

~Lydie had her first day of preschool. She will be going 3 mornings a week. No tears or nervousness from this girl. In fact, she never looked back. She was so excited! She reported, "Some of da kids cwied. And dey wear diapers and poop in dey pants. But I not do dat. Cause I Lydie Joy, I two!" Then she told me every.single.detail from her day.


~We also began using a nature journal for the first time. We found wild asters in the backyard and tried to sketch one. We are going to key it out tonight with Andy and find out the common and scientific name of the plant. It is so beautiful!


"To see a World in a grain of sand,
And heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour."
~Auguries of Innocence by William Blake (from The Random House Book of Poetry for Children, our read-aloud for the week)

2 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I love your nature journals! That's something I want to start this school year with my kiddos, too.

Tiff said...

Love that girliness!