Monday, August 24, 2009

I forgot

...how much fun it is to see how the kids interpret their assignments. Some of the things they say and write are so amusing to me! Here are the highlights from today:

Jaybird's writing assignment was to write a personal letter to a friend
Here it is:
Dear Alice,
How have you been? I am doing fine. How was your fall down the rabbit-hole? I hope it was okay. I hope you made some friends down there. And I hope you went on some great adventures. By the way, why is the Mad Hatter mad?
Signed,
Jaybird
P.S. Write back soon!

And Jaybird's first page in his journal:
Welcome to my journal. I know I can trust you. You're brave, you're smart, you're daring, and you're ready for an adventure! Now, read about my 9 year-old life that is filled with Thrills! Chills! and more!

"There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you."
–Maya Angelou

2 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

:) He's so DELIGHTFUL!!!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I love those!! What a creative little boy:)