Friday, April 24, 2009

Moving along

This week has been a little gloomy. I am so thankful that my mother-in-law was here. And, my sweet friends Liz and Tammy took the kids for the entire day yesterday. Now they are all at Nana and Poppy's for the weekend, anticipating fun times with my brother and his family, too.

Andy is still in bed, but able to walk a little. I think this back injury will take at least another week in bed. We are inundated with "disability" paperwork from his employer and trying to work with a lawyer regarding the car accident. That stuff is overwhelming! We are alone now just sort of staring at one another. The kids were fine, only I knew that with the stress of it all, Monday would come too soon. I think it will be good for us all to have them with grandparents.

I am so thankful for the many emails, prayers, and offers of help. We have even had offers of help with yard work for the next few weeks, not to mention help with the children and meals. It is a beautiful thing to be part of the body of Christ. We are looking for how God is at work in it all. For starters, we know we are loved and it feels amazing.

On a lighter note, here are my pillows that I've made for the sofa. The weekend before Spring Break I made a few (before the chaos began). I'm enjoying them and looking forward to making 5 or 6 more for the other corners on the sectional. I didn't realize how many fabric "scraps" I had! The green and cream toile (with the brown ball fringe) is from my kitchen curtains in our last house. I miss those curtains! And the cream and brown polka dot and green paisley fabrics were bought for aprons that never came to fruition.

No comments: