Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another update

Dear friends,
Thank you for your prayers on our behalf! Andy had an MRI and CAT scan yesterday, along with an steroid epidural and many medicines via IV. We saw small progress as he was able to walk to the bathroom with the aid of the nurses and a walker. We are praying that today he will be able to have a little more mobility and come home. Surgery will not be needed at this time!

I went to bed last night with my first migraine. The nausea brought me back to my last pregnancy. But after an hour or so I was able to fall asleep and sleep until 9:30 this morning! The kids seemed stressed yesterday, but I have been able to play with them this morning and they are doing great today. Puzzles with Toot, dancing with Lydie, conversation with Jaybird-20 minutes with each, speaking 3 completely different languages (love languages, that is).

If you want to know how to pray...Pray with us, as the doctors have suggested that Andy's discs are bulging and herniated in two places which may be a result of his car accident. We will need discernment to know how to move forward with that information. Also, pray that each precious one in our family will feel loved by me as God gives me the grace to encourage and see us through. Pray that Andy's employer would continue to extend heart-felt grace and patience with him as he is out of work for the rest of the week. Finally, pray that we would sense His presence and He would be glorified with our thoughts and actions.

Thank you so much for your concern. We are loved and blessed. God is good, all the time...

2 comments:

Olive said...

Renee,

I looked an email for you but couldn't find one. I wanted you to know that I am praying for you, but I also wondered if I could send you a package? I know we've never met, but I'd love to be able to bless you and your family in this time. I understand if that's too weird, but I thought I'd ask.

Blessings and healing to all of you!

"Olive" Brittnie

Anonymous said...

When it rains it pours! Oh, honey, I feel your pain. I'll be praying for your family tonight.

Here we are, across town - and I didn't even know there was a tornado Sunday night (wasn't that the night?). I heard the thunder and lightning... then went to sleep! Good grief, I have recurring nightmares about tornadoes and didn't even know there was a watch or anything. We had just returned to town - drove thru the rain, not even expecting THAT. We must be losin' it.

So now I'm feeling doubly grateful - for you AND for me! :)

I SO hope Andy feels better very soon. We need these men!