Monday, April 13, 2009

Celebrations

We're home from a visit to my hometown for Spring Break. We had fun with both sets of grandparents and all of our cousins. We enjoyed a children's museum, lunch and a photo session with cousins, donuts and pizza galore, a trip to the zoo, spend the night parties, a birthday party, Easter egg hunts and festivities, and the boys got to go to the farm, too. Unfortunately, when Andy was coming to join us on Thursday, he was hit by another vehicle that swerved into his lane. His car is totalled, but we are very thankful that he only had a few cuts and some soreness. He is already feeling back to normal, again. Unfortunately, we will be looking for a new car. It takes a scare like this to force us to pause and be thankful. We went into the Easter holiday grateful for both physical and spiritual life. We are so blessed beyond any depth of gratitude we can muster.

We had a wonderful Easter with my side of the family. I love worshipping at my parents' church where Andy and I got married and where I experienced my first taste of understanding God's grace. We had great fun at lunch with 24 family members. And the kids loved hiding and re-hiding the eggs. And best of all, we all took a special day to meditate (as we should every day) on the great hope and love found in the resurrection of Jesus.

We never quite get that family photo. My boys (and husband) are too impatient to stop long enough to get someone else to come and take the picture!


My 3 & my brother's 3- We have 6 cousins total- all were born between the birth of my oldest and youngest. We are a closely knit bunch. My heart throbMy only picture of Andy from the day (but it's a good one- handsome guy) My nieces in their hand-made dresses. My sister-in-law's mother (Gigi) is a phenomenal seamstress. They always look like little angels.
Our little cabooses- Greyce and Lydie are 11 months apart and the last of the bunch, I'm afraid. We ended on a GOOD note. They are both full of life and affection.

I pray every day this year will be a day to celebrate "resurrection day"! As I told my son yesterday, there is always something to look forward to!!

5 comments:

Alicia K said...

Sorry to hear about Andy's accident ... how scary! Looks like y'all had a fun filled Spring Break like us. Can't believe the school year is so quickly winding down.

Wendy said...

Great pictures!

Stop by my blog when you get a chance, I wanted you to know. I think we've been reading each other's blog for almost 2 yrs. or more now.

Amy said...

I am so glad Andy is ok. Stacy said she saw him for a brief sec at church.
I am so sad we missed Baby O playing with your kids. She was sick last week and I never got around to calling Judy's. Maybe we can try again soon. Mom has some great pics of the two girls putting make-up on each other.

Tiff said...

Lovely! And I'm glad Andy's okay!

Anonymous said...

So glad Andy is ok. Those moments are eye-openers.

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter... you all look beautiful and happy!