Friday, July 25, 2008

What an honor

The children are all in bed. The house is quiet. It seems like it has been a week since the house has been quiet (and I've been awake to enjoy it). VBS is over and I feel really thankful about how well it went. So many people worked so diligently to minister to the precious children that came this week (including my own). Events like this one make me appreciate the body of Christ. I just feeled so honored to be a part of our church. It is amazing to see how each person makes up a part of the Body, just like a body. It was like watching a well-oiled machine this week. Each woman and teen using his/her gifts and working hard...all for one ultimate purpose, to bring glory and honor to the Lord.
I Corinthians 12:14-27
14Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. 15If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, but one body. 21The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" 22On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. 27Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
*Pictured above: My two friends at church, both in their 70s, convinced me to kiss the balloon professor. My man was working in the youth office putting in his office hours. So I agreed to have him in the picture as well, you know, so he wouldn't be jealous of my new crush. I thought it would entertain these two precious, elderly, tired ladies. Well, lo and behold, they posted this picture up in the craft room and laughed at it with anyone who would come and see. I laughed too, but I have them worried about how I will pay them back. This should be fun... Can you tell I took a (very blurry) picture of their picture?

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

TOO FUNNY!! :) LOL!

I'm trying hard to guess who the ladies were! :)

Glad you survived the week...and that you feel great that it went so well!