Thursday, May 03, 2007

My quiet time

I was reading Sarah's blog and then Beth Moore's blog on personal Bible study. They were commenting on special places where they meet with the Lord in their quiet times. I am so very thankful for God's timing in using their posts. I have not been as disciplined in my quiet times in the past couple of weeks as I would like. Kinda funny how God works. I also just read an email asking me and a few other women to pray about a theme verse and topic for the women's ministry events for next year. The themes suggested were joy and desire for God. One of the verses suggested was, "As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirst for God, for the living God. "Ps 42:1 and "My soul yearns for you in the night, my spirit within me earnestly seeks you. For when your judgements are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness. Isa 26:9
I pray that God will send His Spirit fresh and alive in my heart so that I can faithfully draw near to Him again in my time alone with Him. He is so gracious and patient! So here are my two favorite spots to spend in the Word and prayer. One spot is indoors and one is outdoors.

These are all three the same deck area from different angles.


1 comment:

MorningSong said...

Love your spaces!! But I have other news, you are being tagged! That's right! Hope you don't mind, check out my blog for more info.