Friday, May 04, 2007

I was tagged...

by Morning Song to write seven random facts or habits about myself. Here goes:
1. I love my label maker. An organized closet or pantry with everything labelled makes me feel very happy. 2.I had a 7 pound cyst (the size of a basketball) on my ovaries. It was detected when I was having x-rays in the ER after a car accident. I was fifteen. I remeber wondering why I was tipping the scales at 125 (I am 5'7".). Oh, to have those teenage problems again!

3. Despite the 7 pound ovarian cyst, I have gotten pregnant three times either the first time we tried or while using birth control. Aren't God's ways wonderful and mysterious?

4.Creating art whether in the form of oil painting, dancing, sewing, listening to good music, decorating, gardening, or simply wrapping a gift is very fulfilling to me. I love that God gives us the potential to reflect His glory and beauty through the arts. 5.I've kissed the Blarney stone in Ireland. Legend says it will give anyone who kisses it the gift of eloquence. In retrospect as a mommy now, I have to wonder how many lips touched that thing?

6.I hate to fly or be on boats. I would never desire to go on a cruise, and would refuse to unless I was trapped into it or someone gave me a trip as a gift or surprise. I am a land-lover.

7.I set goals for myself every day. I am at a place in my life where I don't really care if we detour or re-route our day and none of the goals are met. I love a good adventure. But I try to live very purposefully.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love my label maker too.

I am also a land lover. I'd much rather go climb a mountain than go on a cruise. I'd love to go to Hawaii someday, but wouldn't like the plane ride there.

I love that you live purposefully. I am the same way. I love making lists!

Mine is up too.

MorningSong said...

Thanks for participating!! I have been on a cruise before and loved it! To each their own! :o) I too am learning to go with the flow! Make goals for the day but leave room for the unexpected! Cute dress!!