Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Becoming more like Jesus

Knawed to the bone!
My #1 was the second pickiest eater in the world (second only to his little brother). My mom told me more times than I could count, "Don't worry! He'll outgrow it!" Well, honestly, I never once believed her. His Daddy and I were often times embarrassed of his finicky ways, as if it was a sign of disrespect or ungratefulness. Well, praise be to God, he has come completely through the picky phase! I mean completely. He began to get better about eating around four years old and we have relished in his increasing appetite ever since! Look at him now! It does a momma's heart good to see him knawing at that chicken bone just like the imaginary cave man. Go #1!
He is growing up by leaps and bounds. In the car yesterday he said, "Momma, I have a question." For those of you who do not know him personally, this special phrase means hang on, I am about to ask you a doozy of a question. Here's how the conversation went:
#1:Why can't I be like God?
Me: There's only one true God, sweetie.
#1:I just really wish I could be more like Him!
Me:What do you mean?
#1:I wish I wouldn't sin.
Me:Is there something you need to confess to me?
#1:No, I just hate my sin.
Me: I can't think of anything that honors God more than hating your sin. Just keep talking to Jesus, read his word, trust Him. I can already see that He is changing you because you hate your sin so much. I can tell you really love Jesus.
#1: I do, Momma! And I don't care for spankings either!

1 comment:

MorningSong said...

How precious! You never know what their little minds are grasping! I also am encouraged regarding the appetite change! My kids both were great eaters and then they are now in permanent fast mode. I keep thinking, when will they eat again? They are just too busy. Good to know their appetites will return! Thanks