Friday, May 11, 2007

"Everything in moderation."

Whoever coined that term had a lot of wisdom! I am finding in my life right now that nothing is being done in moderation. I am on again, off again. Hot or cold. Present or absent. I am thinking of my time with the Lord, in particular, but not exclusively. Why is it that I lack consistency, motivation, desire? Could it be sleep deprivation? Are there idols in my heart? I plan to get down to the business of searching my heart and devoting much time to prayer over the next week asking the Lord to "make His paths straight". I am reminded of the quote on my frig and a verse:
"Only by a conscious and continuing nurture of his inner life can any man avoid the tradegy of killing the thing he loves. The man who supposes that he has not the time to pray or to reflect because the social tasks are so numerous and urgent will soon find that he has become fundamentally unproductive because he has separated his life from its roots." Elton Trueblood

"Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing, and perfect will." Romans 12:2
*Pictured above are my latest bargains. A consignment home store just opened down the road. My new salad serving set (was still in original wrapping)...$7. The two Parisian prints will fit nicely in a corner in my dining room and thankfully I like the current frames...$6.

2 comments:

MorningSong said...

I need to follow someone like you around! I am not always aware of the deals that surround me. I am convinced I am missing out! What fun!
Great reminder on the spiritual walk as well!

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

beautiful stuff! I love the spoons. I am definitely going to that shop just as soon as I can swing it:) your Mother's Day pic was so sweet yesterday. All green and springy. You could tell that Andy was pleased as punch with his family. Let's get together soon. School's out in just a week. Yay!