Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Motivation, or lack thereof

We are lacking in motivation these days. Last week I let my exercise regimen slip. I also finished a book mid-week and can not seem to pick up another one that interests me at night. Valentine's day ruined my "only one dessert a week" policy last week. And my weekend travels threw off my "8 glasses of water a day" habit. I'm lost without my habits!

The children have had a hard time with school work this week too, wishing their fun weekend could continue on forever. Math itself has taken nearly 2 hours each day if you include our drill time. The more difficult they are, the more I want to choose sweet tea over water and sleep over exercise. It's amazing, as a tightly knit family, how our moods play off of one another.

Yes, we are in need of a little energy, motivation, and drive. But until we find it, I will drag the kids across the finish line of each school day. Even if it takes ALL day to get there! This is where my strong-willed personality comes in handy! Anyone want to come and make me exercise and drink water? No? I guess I need to put on my big girl panties and buck up!


"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."

Aristotle

1 comment:

Wanting What I Have said...

Oh I do sympathize with you!!! School has taken four times as long as it should and I've fallen back into old habits...living on chewy spree and walking around in an exhausted daze as we prepare to list our home. :) hang in there. You aren't alone. :)