Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Good words from Bible study today

~Good theology is useless unless it "puts on skin".
~Seeking control and feeling entitled robs us of joy. Letting go of "what I deserve" (good health, obedient children, working car, loving spouse, nice house, whatever) and wearing humility brings joy. Focusing on Christ, not myself leads to deep, abiding JOY!!
~Expectations kill relationships! Expectations are "premeditated resentments". Especially in our relationship with God.
~Joy comes out of (after) gratitude.


"I used to think that God's gifts were on shelves one above the other, and that the taller we grew in Christian character the easier we should reach them. I find now that God's gifts are on shelves one beneath the other, and that it is not a question of growing taller but of stooping lower, and that we have to go down, always down, to get His best gifts."

~F.B. Meyer

~John 3:30
~Matthew 18:4


"Use me then, my Savior, for whatever purposes and in whatever way you may require. Here is my poor heart, an empty vessel; fill it with your grace."

~D.L. Moody

No comments: