Sunday, November 27, 2011

Birthday goodness

The day after Thanksgiving I turned the big 3-6. It was the best birthday ever! When I was a kid I hated that my birthday landed the day before, after, or ON Thanksgiving. Some years my friends would not be able to come to my party if it was too close to our school break. But now, it is a huge bonus! I get to celebrate with my entire family! And most years I am really spoiled.








This year might have been the best birthday EVER. The week was kicked off with a fun night out with my parents and brother's family.So sweet! And Chelle, I have been using my wax melter (what's it called?) all week. Cranberry scent really masks the new doggy smells. Thanks!! My Mom and Dad also spoiled me with a Christmas dress and new pillows for our bedroom. Tuesday I got to spend the entire day with my nieces and nephews (they spent the night after dinner). On Wednesday my best friend was driving through town to see her family (see what I mean about the holidays being a bonus??), and we met at the park with the kids. She gave me the most thoughtful gift. She knows I am a Momma-on-the-road. She found a bag that looks like a cute canvas purse, but actually has hanging file folders inside. Seriously!?! Thank you, Lizzie! You really are a sister to me!!



Then on Thursday we enjoyed sweet time pulling all of our thankful notes out of our thankful jar. It's been on the kitchen island since October collecting little moments of gratitude. And we thanked God for how richly we are blessed. Then we headed to the lake to spend time with my family. Lunch at the lake flew by and then we were on our way to Birmingham.

We spent the night with Andy's parents. Andy and I have a tradition of shopping together on Black Friday. We think it is really fun. We have never been shoved, punched, or pushed down. In fact, generally people are cheerful and chatty when we are waiting in lines or freezing in the cold waiting for stores to open. This year we started at 4 am (a late start since many stores opened the night before...BOO). By noon we had bought all but one Christmas present, found all six of our December birthday gifts for family members, and I found a new outfit myself for our big night together! At least the craziness was not in vain!

Loved an excuse to buy red wedges. Fun!



Around 1:00 we left for an overnight, birthday date! Andy made reservations for us to stay in a beautiful hotel suite. I arrived to roses and champagne in our room! After a long nap, Ruth Chris steaks ordered to our room for dinner, and plenty of time to get ready, we headed to the concert. Andy had reserved a hotel that was connected to the concert hall. We just walked next door when we were ready! We say Lady Antebellum, along with her two opening bands Eden's Edge and Josh Kelley. It was a.m.a.z.i.n.g. Loved dancing and goofing around with Andy all night long!

The next morning we slept in, enjoyed breakfast, and watched football. We met Andy's parents (along with our children) at his brother's house for a belated Thanksgiving celebration. It really was such a fun week! Thank you friends and family (especially my thoughtful, romantic husband!!) for celebrating my birthday with me. I feel very loved!!Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: