Thursday, November 11, 2010

One seed at a time

My boys get Bible story lessons in various places. So when it came time to look for a new devotion book for breakfast time, I knew I wanted something that would model for them how to apply biblical teaching to their lives. I have been very pleased with Josh McDowell's Family Devotions. If you are looking for a simple way to teach your children how to apply simple truths, this book is for you. It has a short Bible reading, a verse for the day, a story of children applying the truth of the verses in every day life, discussion questions, and a prayer. The kids take turns looking up and reading the verses, I read the story, and they read the prayer. It initiates great discussions. And I can see where they have reaped the benefit of these little, singular seeds being planted slowly but surely. We love it!

"Though I do not believe that a plant will spring up where no seed has been, I have great faith in a seed. Convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders."~Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

SO COOL! :) I'm going to put that one on my wish list! I'm always looking for ones that actually apply to daily life...thanks for the recommendation!