Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Just to name a few

Today, I am thankful for...
A driveway that acts as a roller coaster.
A boy who overcomes his fears.
The very small piece of hair that was cut when my daughter said, "Look this is cool. I can cut my own hair!" and snipped before I could stop her.

The same daughter who spilled the beans about my birthday present and the husband who gave in and let me have it early.
Parents who love us so well and listen to us as our emotions ebb and flow. Particulary, the late night talk with Mimi and the lunch, all by ourselves, with Dad.

A husband who assures me, "If you will just submit to me in this, I promise I will tenderly lead you. Please trust me." (Doesn't that sound like Jesus?)

Children who really miss me when I spend the night away.
His eleventh hour answer.

These words that encourage:
"The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servants will also be. My Father will honor the one who serves me." John 12:25-26

And these that spur me on:
"One of the greatest powers for good is a family whose members respect each other and who have learned to function, however poorly, with the rich concepts of the Word God gives us as human beings. It is almost incredible to think of the stabilizing effect ordinary families can have: not only for themselves, but as a light in a troubled generation."
~Susan Schaeffer Macaulay

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

OH!!! These make me smile and cry at the same time!! The quote from A sounds like it's right out of a romance novel and the Bible all at the same time...perhaps Song of Solomon?! :)

I can picture you smiling as you type these words on this entry...so thankful you have these precious people in your life.