Sunday, May 02, 2010

Glimpses of His work in their hearts (grace and humor)

From Jaybird at the dinner table: "Mom, I am just sitting here thinking about how much I love this family." (GUSH)

Prayers of Lydie's: "Happy Father's day, God. I hope it's a good one."
Conversation with Lydie: "Mommy, do we wake up when we die?" I explain heaven again, and how she will love it and really want to be there, but most people don't go there until they are old. She says, "I think I'm scared, but maybe not so much. Haven't we been there before?"
I love J for noticing that his new Nintendo magazine had pictures of animated girls that were inappropriately dressed and pointing it out to me. I love even more that he asked to tear out the pages on the way to our church group before showing it to his friends because "he didn't want Will and Wesley looking at things like that".
This morning Lydie's Sunday school teacher asked her what her favorite thing was about her Mommy. According to her teacher, her quick response was, "My Mommy is never boring!!"

No comments: