Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lydie's first dance recital











What a night! It wasn't her dancing that was so memorable. Although, she did remember the steps very well, especially considering she is a year or two younger than the other kids in her class. The dancing was great! But what was unforgettable was her stage presence. There wasn't ONE SPECK of fear in her eyes. In fact, I think she actually giggled out loud. Our girl loves the stage. Afterwards she said, "Did you see me up there so high? I loved the lights. I loved it, Mommy!"



It was so surreal to be the Mommy in the audience and not the dancer on the stage. At first there was a pang of sadness. But it didn't last long. What a strange, but wonderful bonding experience to share a love for performing with my daughter. Thank you, God, for three kids that make the experiences of my life so deep and rich!



PS Mimi and Papa, the last picture is of Lydie's reaction when she listened to Mimi's recorded voice that came with her flowers. She loved that message and the flowers. She listens to the message every day and smiles!

2 comments:

Alicia K said...

Too adorable!! Just love Lydie's costume!

RHB said...

Sweet! I love her costume too! Glad you are getting to share your love for ballet with your daughter!