Thursday, May 06, 2010

Evaluating

In January I wrote 10 things that I wanted to be my focus for the year. I meant to evaluate how things were going once a month on this blog. Oh well. I have been praying and reflecting through out the days, though.

#1-Be a good steward of my body.
~Much improvement this month. Stay the course.
#2-Rely on God's word and prayer first thing.
~I absolutely do not do this first thing. But I rely more and more on Him.
#3-Mentor and be mentored.
~Mentoring, yes. My sweet friend that agreed to mentor me is still waiting on a coffee date. Time to call Michele!
#4-Spend more time alone with Andy.
~Yes, but can always use even more time with my best friend.
#5-Spend more time outside.
~No. But very much looking forward to this during the summer.
#6-Do more science. Flex when there are teachable moments.
~Yes. We have finally begun to enjoy science. And I think I am flexing more and more.
#7-Continue with artistic outlets.
~Yes! Praise God I have had time to paint two pieces just this month. Writing a lot!
#8-Spend regular time with friends alone.
~No. Did well with this in the winter. What happened this spring? Again, ready for summer!
#9-Read for pleasure daily.
~Yes. I have absolutely found my love for reading again. On my 9th book for the year, which is good for me since I struggle with keeping my eyes open at night!
#10-Host people in our home more often.
~We have hosted some, but would love to more.

Sure does help to see this written out. I know exactly what areas need focus and prayer. Also I can see that the spring is a time to extend grace to myself and realize some things I love must be put on hold. Summer will be a whole new season.

"To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else."
~Emily Dickinson

No comments: