Wednesday, May 05, 2010

When hard-headed comes in handy

When I was a preschooler my brother played Little League. I was part of the little sister club that hung around the ball field and snuck Hubba Bubba and made mud pies. Any way, one of the mom's nicknamed me "Hard-headed" and my Mom never let me forget. It should come as no surprise that history has repeated itself. Here is our little Hard-headed at work:

She begins with sticker #1 of 1,000. She is determined to have a pretty jewelry box.

Still truckin' along.

And a day and a half after purchase, here she is. I helped her with a portion of it. But I would guess 2/3 of the 1,000 stickers were stuck with her precious, chubby, stubborn fingers.

Determined? Stubborn? Either way, came in handy this week! ALL things can be used for good or harm. I can think of about a million things God can use a strong-willed Lydie to do (besides occasionally test my patience). May this be the first of many!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I've always been encouraged by something that Dr. Dobson said in his book The Strong Willed Child . . . The stubborn children will someday be leaders. Guide them now to be godly people later and they can change the world!

Bless your sweet little girl!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

:) That's BEAUTIFUL!!! Way to go, Lydie Girl!!!