Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Road Map

I have been STRUGGLING to stay on task and finish our school year well. Since we returned from our cruise I have been in a different frame of mind. I seem to be ahead of the ball with organization and housework, but sluggish with home schooling the boys (and Lydie). Here's where my mind wanders...(Can't we just eat, sleep, and play a little longer??) So yesterday I sat down and made a plan for exactly what it will take to finish up each subject.



We have 31 school days before May 28th. We leave that weekend for 7 days at the beach with Andy's family. I SO wanted to be done by then. And we will be done with mostly everything. But we will need three extra days to wrap up math and history. So, our last day of school will officially be on June 9th (if we stay on track!). Overall, that's not bad considering that we took extracurricular classes one day a week the first half of the school year, only leaving 4 days a week for "academics".



I feel better with an end date in mind. I hardly go anywhere, physically or mentally, without a road map. Now we have something to work towards(with God's grace). JUNE 9th! The kids' spring fever doesn't even compare to mine this year! I am looking forward to putting away the goals and textbooks and just reading ,making, learning, and doing whatever strikes our fancy. Ahhhh...



"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us"


Hebrews 12:1




3 comments:

Alicia K said...

Hang in there Renee! There is a light at the end of the tunnel and you have a great road map to get to the end. I am with you ... Spring Fever has hit me hard.

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

You can do it, sweet friend!! :) But isn't the beach an AWESOME day dream?! I am there ALL the time in my day dreams!!

P.S. Please check out my blog for some fun news!!

Tiff said...

Go for it! I'm right there with ya...