Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Celebrating with friends






Our home school group hosted a baby shower for my beautiful friend, Lisa. She has four darling girls and is expecting in one week! (She is the smallest pregnant lady I have ever seen.) She did not find out the gender of the baby, and we are all on pins and needles. It's so exciting!

The shower was a surprise (disguised as our regular monthly meeting at my house). She seemed thrilled. We had to choose a theme that would work for either gender, so we went with a bird/nest theme. That worked out beautifully for me because I was able to use things around the house for decor, as well as flowers from the yard (dogwood blooms, cherry blossoms, and greenery).
One thing I did buy were the paper lanterns. I have been wanting these for Lydie's room any way, and this morning I already moved them to the perfect spot above her rocking chair. I found them sold together in a packet of three at Party City for $8.99 in the wedding section. My friend Alicia, the queen of paper crafts, made the pretty little bird party favors. She is so talented. I LOVE hosting celebrations for friends. What an encouragement!

No comments: