Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My sweetie

My adorable middle son has always captivated a very soft, mushy part of my heart. He is a boy of few words, but oh does he communicate with hugs and kisses. He loves to run fast and play hard, but he also appreciates beauty. He tells me frequently, "Your dress looks nice, Mommy." or "I like your hair that way." He will bless some pretty, sweet girl with the gift of encouraging words some day. It was either him or his brother, I can't remember which, that told me the other day, "If you were one of Snow White's dwarfs, you would be called Pretty Dwarf." Made my day.

The house is quiet today because he is feeling a little sick and sleepy. When one of the kids is not feeling well, it is good to recognize just how much his personality adds to the dynamic of our family life. I have laughed less, been less energetic, and felt less appreciated due to the decrease in his affection. During times like this I can't help but be sad a little that one day he will grow up and have another home. But for today, I will put that cold fact out of my mind and enjoy kissing his little forehead and telling him how sorry I am that he is feeling badly. I will tuck in his covers and make a run to McDonalds for him. And I will pray a little more than usual for him. I am so privileged to share my days with such a vivacious, easy-going soul!

No comments: