Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Many thanks

We owe an enormous amount of gratitude to so many of our friends and family. During some rough times with our extended family, God has once again provided gifts that declare his faithfulness and compassion for us. Some are tangible, but mostly I am referring to the amazing love and support we feel.
Thank you, thoughtful Mimi and Papa, for taking the children from Friday morning until Monday. I can not express how much the rest meant to us. I actually sat for 5 hours straight with coffee and a book in front of the fire. We talked and laughed and napped all weekend.

Thank you, precious friend, for the gifts you and your amazing husband gave to us on Friday. You are two of the most generous people I know. I can not wait to see how God continues to bless you for your kindness. I am praying for that for you! Ruth Chris Steakhouse and the Ballet? Really? We are lavishly loved.

Thank you to all who have been praying for us. We did not have to be part of an intervention, per say. But, counselling is under way. I really feel like healing is coming for my hurting family member and those around her. Praise God!

One more thing, who in the world paid for me to go on the Women's Retreat? Whoever did it has insisted on anonymity. If you read my blog, I will be praying for you faithfully. You have overwhelmed me with your love, and the love of my heavenly Father.

I wish there was more to say. I am deeply grateful and eager to pay it forward!
"Oh Lord that lends me my life,
Lend me a heart replete with thankfulness!"
~William Shakespeare

1 comment:

RHB said...

What a great quote by Shakespeare! How do you find those? I am so glad that you have had some needed rest and time with Andy:)