Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Daily News

A few typical moments from our life...

Now that Lydie is not in preschool, she is always, always with the boys. She is either doting on them, trying to keep up, or causing trouble.
In fact, last night in the car Jaybird said, "Lydie, when you are a teenager you are going to be a nightmare, I tell ya. I'll be an adult by then and raising a couple a kids, I guess. So I won't have to put up with you. We need to work on some stuff, girl! When Toot reminded J that he would be only 19 when Lydie turns 13 and becomes a teenager, this was J's reply: "I know. I don't want to be married then. But I'll have already adopted a couple of orphans."
Here she is describing with her hands how much she loves the cat at this particular moment. She added, "That's NOT much."

We can be found doing too much art and some times not enough math. It's a personal weakness I am working on. We just got through the first half of our math lessons this week. Oh well, looks like we will be crunching numbers in June. At least that will be less time over the summer break for them to forget what they have learned!

Lydie is writing most of her letters now. She wrote her name on a piece of paper for my friend last night and had me ask if she would put it on her refrigerator. She has no trouble believing that her stuff is special and convincing others to believe it, too. Here is some of her alphabet right now:
A,B,C,D,E,F...

We read a lot...
which inspired Lydie to come to my computer (in her pink leotard, of course) and "write a letter to the offer (author)". She said it was all good stuff and to "keep up the good work!" She's mastered the mouse/computer and knows how to press print (unfortunately). She types many a memo these days.

And, we've enjoyed the beautiful snow lately. I hope we get more this winter. Speaking of the cold, off to make some hot chocolate!

2 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Glad to know your precious relative is getting help. I was just praying for you and wondering that exact thing...hang in there!

You've got so much going on and you are pulling through beautifully.

Praying for you, sweet friend!!

RHB said...

I love the kid quotes. Too cute!