Saturday, February 27, 2010

Her poignant request

When I tucked the kids in bed last night, Lydie said,

"Mommy? Promise you will never go to work?"
I have never "been to work" since becoming a mom. I guess she was asking me to not go where Daddy goes every day. I am so thankful for the financial freedom to do as I desire, and stay home with my children. Some days I think, "This is it. This is the last day I can do this!" The amount of needs and constant tasks overwhelm me. But in that moment by her bed, I knew all of the mundane, exhausting, difficult moments are all worth it. This is where God has called me for this season in my life. Being where He individually calls is the best place to be-wherever that may be.

Praying for a heart and ear that listens for His voice (which sometimes is spoken through the heart of a three year old).

No comments: