Saturday, February 06, 2010

Good deals=Cheered up Mommy

Last year I made $275 from my sales in the consignment sale. So anticipating that I will make about the same this year, I used this number for my budget on shopping day. My stuff averaged about $3 per item. Obviously, I will have to buy more things for the boys later. It gets harder and harder to find good clothes for them that are second hand. Lydie, on the other hand, is good to go! And hopefully all of this will be for $0 if I break even with what I sold. Here's what I brought home: For Jackson:









*2 dress shirts (short sleeve polo-type shirts)
*5 shirts

*6 shorts (We found some great Lands End and Columbia brands this year.)

*1 pair of dress pants
*2 toys




For Joshua:

*5 dress shirts
*8 shirts

*5 shorts

*1 pair of shoes

*2 toys



For Lydie:

*9 dresses

*10 separate tops

*4 separate skirts or shorts

*8 full outfits (these were the Gymboree knit tops with shorts, some with matching bows)

*4 hair accessories

*2 socks (came with Gymboree outfits)

*2 night gowns

*8 shoes

*2 toys



Each of these little girlie outfits spoke to me. This skirt said, "It is almost spring! Let's celebrate!"


This one said, "I am brand new and only $2!"

These said, "I am cute!"

These said, "You know you have a thing for the vintage look!"

These said "Stay true to your southern roots! "

Others said, "I am SO Lydie!"

My husband doesn't speak this language, by the way. I wish I could teach it to him. And now, we are counting down the days until Spring. (42 days is not that long, right?)

No comments: