Thursday, February 11, 2010

Love-ly party

We celebrated Valentines today with friends here at the house. We enjoyed cupcakes, play time, exchanging Valentines, and praying for/making cards for the children in Haiti. These sweet little ones gave $40 from their little piggy banks, along with other items. We had about 10 minutes of prayer together for the victims of the earthquakes. I began, and the children prayed as they wanted. Oh, their prayers melted my heart. Sweet, heart-felt, compassionate. Such enormous, simple faith.

A group shot, minus just one family.

The sugar high begins...


Here they are all over the house making their cards together.


Every time I look at this little guy I think, "Couldn't I have just one more little boy, Lord?"


One of the older girls wrote inside her card: "Hi, I'm Olivia. Do you know about God? He is your Savior. And if you believe in Him He will save you from sin."


The boy:girl ratio today was 5:15. Deep down, I don't think the boys cared, though.

This is Lydie's best friend. They are both vivacious, charming, and cute! This was a really good day.

1 comment:

RHB said...

What a great idea for a party!