Thursday, December 20, 2007

A new gift swap

My husband and I can not afford to exchange presents this year. It is so fun to look and pray and wait for the perfect gift for him. But, it is complete unnecessary. So, I came up with a great idea. We are going to exchange 5 prayer requests that we will promise to pray for vigorously for at least 10 days. I am so excited! I know that he is very committed to praying for me and our children and does so more often than ever before. But I am thrilled with the opportunity to request my deep, personal needs. And it just so happens that there are some big things on my mind! Prayer...a free, life-changing gift.

4 comments:

RHB said...

D and I aren't exchanging this year either. I think that exchanging prayer requests is a great idea!

Jennefer said...

Hi! I decided to leave a comment here instead of responding on my blog in case you didn't get a chance to check back.

I am sorry some of your comments haven't showed up. I never delete comments; I've published them all. Even one really ugly one waaaay back when I first started! Lol. I am not sure what happened to make some of them not show up.

I am excited to be on this journey of classically homeschooling our boys and blogging has kept me sane, accountable and on-track. I am so thrilled when my ramblings encourage someone else. :)

Let me know if I can help you in any way as you explore your options in homeschooling!

Wonderful blog you have, too!!! :)
Blessings,
Jennefer

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea! Hubbie & I have had several Christmases w/o exchanging gifts... what a fantastic outlook.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

What a great idea.

We didn't exchange gifts either, but got a babysitter one night each month. We lined her up for Jan and Feb already!

Love the prayer idea.