Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Advice needed!

I think I'm addicted to painting. I just can't ever be fully satisfied with the color of a room! Our last house was the only exception. I loved every choice. But this house...okay, I confess. I am about to paint our kitchen. Again. For the third time. I know, we have not even been here a year and a half. But think of all the hours I have spent in that room...three meals, two snacks a day. Every day. The thing is, I do love the bright color and the citrus-y theme. But I'm over it. And I know many of you have said sweet things about the bold, cheery look. But again, I'm over it. :)






If you've forgotten or haven't seen if before, here is what our kitchen looks like now, or link here for more views:

I would love a more muted color. Maybe a light tan or a grey-ish green. Then I could add some red and black and yellow accents for a punch. I would love a little blackboard on the wall for a daily quote. I like the idea also of a more cottage-y look. I love the style of my curtains, but I am thinking black and white toile, maybe. I do love the orange and white, too. Remember this chandelier, I would love to change the shades and use it as well. And paint my table and chairs a distressed white or black. The lime green bookshelf pictured above is in the boys' room and matches perfectly. So no loss there. I wonder if I could move my red bench under the window?
This is a big decision because we are also changing the flooring and lighting (Thank you Mimi and Papa for an amazingly generous Christmas present!). So if you have an opinion, please give it to me! I guess I know what I'll be doing after the new year!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love that chandelier! I think it sounds like a great plan, I always tend to lean toward more earthy/muted combinations. And, I think red accents would be really pretty. You'll have to share pictures when/if you do this.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas w/your family!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of black, yellow, and red in your kitchen... but that is probably because then it would look like mine!! :)
Actually, having seen pictures of your house before, I'm sure yours would be a lot cuter and much less cluttered...

Actually, my walls are yellow and I have cobalt blue gingham curtains and accents, red splashes in the towels, bowls, mugs, and dishes, and black in the blackboard, chandelier, a few bowls and frames, stuff like that. I LOVE toile, too!! I have some decorative toile-ish plates above the windows.

So, what I'm saying is - YES! The wall colors sound great. It would look totally cute. And yes to the red bench, too. I have always wished that I could fit one of those in my kitchen. And I totally know what you mean about being "over it." That happens sometimes. I'm just very impressed with your creativity and boundless energy. Could you send some to me, please? :)


Have fun and send pics!