Wednesday, December 05, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...finally!

We have been out of town the past two weekends. And personally, without my Saturdays I only maintain during the week. Who has time for decorating, baking or shopping during the week when there is carpool, laundry, school work, yard work, cooking, cleaning, etc.? Needless to say, I am a little behind on my Christmas preparations. I have only bought two gifts. And it took me this long to decorate our house (we still have not finished the outside!). But I am pacing myself and trying to enjoy the season. We are celebrating advent in a sweet way. More about that later. So, if you enjoy seeing other ladies' houses as much as I, take a peek...

This is my dining room and my take on my friend Maryanne's twig tree. Go look at hers...it's much prettier, and actually has twigs.
In another corner, our Playmobil nativity set. Sorry, I didn't set it up for you all.

This is a corner on our countertop in the kitchen. I got the church at our neighborhood ornament swap...not really an ornament, but oh well. And our new advent calendar. The kids LOVE it!Another corner...these angels came from one of my wedding showers. My sorority sisters gave me a Christmas wedding shower over eleven years ago. The tall angel was my favorite gift from my dear friend, Anna. I still enjoy it every year.

And one more corner. That Christmas tree cookie jar came from the same shower.

In the family room...

My new stocking holders. Black wrought iron. I love them! ( We hang our stockings on our bookshelves because we use our fireplace often in the evening and who wants to pull them down all the time?

And out the back door! Thanks for touring our home! Post pictures of your house this season and let me know so I can enjoy. Merry Christmas!

10 comments:

MorningSong said...

Merry Christmas!! What fun! We have a few pics up too!

Do your stockings stay up when you fill them?? Is there a trick? Even with a wrought iron holder ours still topple over. I would love any idea on how to prevent that!! You seem to be a home-making guru. Any ideas!!!!?

Wendy said...

Looks great! Your house is beautiful!

Hyperactive Lu said...

Oh so very pretty, simple and elegant! You did a great job! Merry Christmas!

Abby said...

I remember when they gave you that shower! I thought it was such a good idea! That is neat to have stuff from all your close friends to put out each year.

I love the letter that your husband wrote to you. I am a little less scrupulous in the idea of sharing struggles vs. complaining. You know, I just let it rip! But I am so glad you shared kind of what you are feeling about some of the mundane responsibilities that keep all moms from getting the "bigger" more visible things done. I know exactly what you mean, and had myself a good cry about the same thing yesterday! I think you do a great job, you are the type of person I always look at and feel behind like I am not doing near as much as other moms. But we just have to do what we can for who we are and where we are and know that God is pleased.

RHB said...

Your home looks great!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!

Paula said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Wendy said...

Everything looks beautiful!

Deborah said...

Wow that is beautiful, you guys over in the USA have such fun decorating your homes gives me so much inspirations for our home here in a very sunny south africa.love always me

Heidi said...

Your house looks beautiful! I love your Advent cabinet. :) I just bought the wrought iron star stocking holders for my boys! Fun stuff.

Anonymous said...

Your home looks so pretty, and the decorations are lovely... I like the look, everything looks light and clean and cheerful. Very you. Good job!!