Sunday, April 01, 2007

#2 becomes a Christian!

It has been an unforgettable day in our household. It all started when I said, "Do you know what your name means? It means 'the Lord is my salvation'." He replies, "Well Mommy means 'you are wonderfully made!'" I laughed at the sweetness in his comment. Then he asked what salvation meant. And then later he said, "I want to be a Christian." After I probed and explained and we read a little book for children that very simply and eloquently explains the gospel, my precious little boy prayed to receive Jesus as His Lord and Savior this afternoon. I will always treasure this day. Today he became a new creation. We are celebrating with Jesus and the heavenly angels today because my little son will spend an eternity in heaven and a life time here on earth walking with Jesus. What a thrill for my soul! Days like this are what parenthood is all about. Being able to share the gospel with my own flesh and blood is the biggest honor of my life. I am so full of worship and praise tonight!
"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."
I Peter 2:9

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got your message last night and we are praising God with you! WHOO HOO!

ZMCDad said...

Way to go nephew!!

Uncle Ben, Aunt Kim, Zoe, Megan, and Clay are so excited and singing praises!