Saturday, March 31, 2007

Why do I love house projects so much?

This was my main accomplishment this weekend. I dressed up the window in the kitchen.I got the fabric for $3 a yard. Including the rod and the ring clips, the entire project was under $40, which makes me so happy. With this yellow paint and my lime green bookshelf and these curtains, I would venture to say we have the sunniest kitchen this side of the Mississippi. But it makes me happy, so I enjoy it.
I also put new knobs and pulls
on the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. I will have to touch up the paint and paint the brass hinges white. I am NOT looking forward to it, but I'll be glad to have that done. It took three trips to Home Depot to get that all squared away.Here's a fun buy. $7 for this little orange, polka dotted planter. I put my half dead violet in it. Maybe now I'll remember to water it. Speaking of watering, I did some gardening. Mainly I made 5 hanging baskets for the fence. Maybe I'll post those later. I am happy with the way they turned out, not so happy with the price tag! Those 5 baskets and flowers cost nearly $100!

This weekend I didn't accomplish nearly what I set out to. But I had a ball with the baby. We were in and out of stores a lot looking for good bargains. She attracted a lot of attention because when she is feeling well she coos and smiles until she can get each person's eye contact. We actually had one woman in the fabric store kiss her on the cheek. That was odd, but a nice gesture, I guess. I also had an employee in a home decor place ask if she could hold her. I didn't see the harm. It is interesting to watch a little extrovert in the making. And I am so thankful, finally, for another family member who loves to shop!

No comments: