Monday, April 30, 2007

#3's baptism and my most recent painting project



Remember to paint or not to paint? Well, I compromised. I had planned to paint the entire family room, fireplace mantle and fireplace bricks. I only painted the mantle and bricks. But I was really excited with the difference. Brick is really porous and soaks up a ton of paint! The bricks took forever to paint. Sorry, I didn't take a before shot. The mantle was natural wood color. The brick was brownish red. Now the colors fit the room a little better.
The baptism and luncheon were so sweet. #3 was in the mood for a party in her honor! She smiled, giggled, played with her little friend, let everyone hold her, and ate her first cracker and icing. At church, she gave the entire congregation a laugh. She stared up and batted her eyes at our associate pastor. No smile, not serious, just content to be the center of attention and very pensive. Then when he POURED water over her head, she did the same. Batted her eyelashes and stared contently up at him. We have a close relationship with him and his entire family and I think I heard him choke up a little, but maybe not. :) I know I had to wipe away a tear or two.
As we prayed at lunch at our house, I remembered all God has carried us through in the process of bringing her into our lives. I remembered our miscarriage and how that baby would have been a year old right now. I remembered how nervous I was when I was pregnant with her. I remembered the day I found out that she was a girl. I remember her birth. And I was so full of praise! I have a daughter! And she is part of God's covenant family through us. She is not a believer, but she is enjoying the fruits of our belief (and unfortunately the disadvantages of our unbelief and unfaithfulness at times, too!). I feel so honored and blessed to have her in our family. What a delight to be praying for her salvation and to watch in awe as our family, friends, and church Body walk along with us and help us point her to our Savior! Strong, beautiful, little girl! I love her so much!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Your mantle looks great! Great job!

Wish I could have been there at her baptism. I have enjoyed getting to know you through your blog and praying for your sweet family.

MorningSong said...

What a precious story! I have enjoyed peeking in on your blog lately! I hope you don't mind!

Kate said...

oh that is beautiful! it looks so awesome!