Monday, April 23, 2007

8 DAYS

That's how long my husband was out of town! Eight LONG, SLOW days! Eight days with no smile to greet me in the morning. Eight days with no one to spoon at night. Eight days with no funny stories or jokes. Eight days with no one to share the load of carpool, bath time for the kids or discipline. Eight days feeling vulnerable without a man in the house after dark. Eight days with no one to talk to over a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. Eight days without looking at my best friend.

God was gracious. The kids and I fared well. We not only survived, but it was a pretty good week. The baby only woke me up twice during the seven nights that I was alone. Thank you to all of my family and friends who prayed for me. My eight days are over, and all is well!

2 comments:

Glass Half Full said...

So funny I am reading this post. My hubby just left today, but for ONE night. However he's leaving again for another overnight this week. I actually miss his ticks that drive me nuts!! :)

Kate said...

Oh I know just how you feel. It's not fun at all. My man has been traveling for two weeks intervals (3 times thus far since mid March). I am hating this, but it's almost over.