Tuesday, April 17, 2007

No Girls Allowed

The other night I decided after dinner to take the kiddos on a trip to Home Depot. I love roaming Home Depot almost as much as the fabric store. And of course the boys love it, too. So I had a list of 6 things to buy which just so happened to send us from one end of the store to the other. The last item on the list was needle nose pliers. I was kindof excited to save the pliers for last because that would mean we would get to go down the tool isle. I secretly love power tools!

As we turned the curve and started strolling down the isle, I could feel two men staring at me. I slowly and discreetly looked over my shoulder. I haven't seen the look that these men gave me in a long time! They were looking at me as if I had barged into the men's restroom and interrupted them! I realized quickly that the tool isle was obviously sacred to them. How dare a female parade down the tool isle! And with a baby girl wearing a pink dress and pink bow to boot! I laughed so hard I couldn't contain myself.

No comments: