Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Whew, what a day!

After a LONG trip to the grocery store, I was so thrilled when my friend called and asked us to come over after lunch. It was my little motivation to put one foot in front of the other and stock up on groceries and toiletries for the next week or two. The kids were great and we got everything on the list. Lunch was good. Then we went to our friend's house...

The weather was so beautiful today. My friend has a newborn, so we plopped our behinds in camping chairs in the driveway and ordered the kids to play outside while we talked. They did for the next 3 hours, but there were so many interesting interruptions. First, her 17 month old fell and just about took a 6 foot plunge into the creek below. (They have a creek that runs under their driveway.) She was literally hanging in the monkey grass when we ran to retrieve her.) I think I pulled a muscle trying to run with my big belly, and Becca had her newborn baby in tow so she was not much faster. #1 was particularly bossy today and had to be reprimanded upteen times for not letting other people share their ideas. #2 ran up to the chair and impulsively grabbed Becca's cell phone and tossed it into her water cup. I have no idea why he did that, but we will probably be paying for a new phone for her. Oh, and #1 was in the garage playing with gymnastic rings and somehow wrapped the rope from the rings around his neck. It wasn't tight enough to hurt him, but a little scary none the less. We came home and my sweetie had dinner almost ready. While I bathed the muddy kids, he got fish, sweet potatoes and pasta on the table. It was delicious to me...but it took #2, our pickier eater, 1 hour and ten minutes to eat what was on his plate!

Can you tell by my tone that I am a little grumpy? I think I need to sign off and go and get a really good night sleep. That always gives me a new perspective!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Well, know that you are not alone in the kids-misbehaving-outside-while-trying-to-get-in-a-visit category. Atleast it was beautiful and lasted 3 hours! We too spend a good bit out today. Hope we can re-attempt our get together once you get settled in with the new one.

Anonymous said...

That was a day!
I said a little prayer for you last night. I prayed a quick, safe delivery for you! How does that sound?!
I thnik you are doing great at this point in your pregnancy. Grocery shopping, meeting friends, you are awesome!

I hope today is a good one! Maybe the doctor will take you in tomorrow.
I hope to see pictures of the sweet baby soon!

terrible speller said...

What is up with the cell phone in the water? How odd. I more day, just one more DAY. I just cannot wait to meet her!