Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sweet Daddy

Something wonderful has happened between my man and #2 the two the past month. My boys have both always enjoyed their Daddy so much. And who wouldn't? He takes the time to really BE with them. They have their weekly Daddies and Donuts outing. They go fishing, camping, to the creek, to the park and so many other places...just the 3 of them. They play cards, sumo wrestle, play tag, swim or play hide-and-seek daily. They already have many skills that they can say they learned from their Daddy. My husband is an amazing Dad!!

But beyond that, there is a new bond between he and #2. My little guy can absolutely not get enough of his Daddy! If they are in the same room, he is hugging him, on his shoulders, asking him questions, etc. The other day #2 got hurt and actually went to his Daddy for sympathy. It is the first time either of us can remember that we were both there and he chose Daddy. I know that it is no coincidence that this transition is happening right now as we are getting ready to have a baby. I am so thankful for what God is doing to their relationship. It makes it easier for me to see my baby become a big brother. Isn't it so amazing that our great, big God works out the simplest details and listens to the tiniest of prayers?

4 comments:

Renee said...

LOVE the picture, and I, too, cherish the times the boys spend with their daddy.

Kate said...

Yes, it really is. He hears the tiniest prayers and knows how we truly feel.
Such a sweet post!

Jackie said...

Love, love, love your blog. I found it by accident a few months ago and keep coming back to check on how you're doing with homeschool and baby. Thanks for sharing who you are.

terrible speller said...

super sweet