Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The baby's nursery




Before we go to the hospital, I wanted to post some pictures of the baby's nursery. This might not be interesting at all to anyone. But a while back I blogged on the changing table my husband was making for her and other decorating ideas and I thought some of you would enjoy seeing the finished product. I was really proud of my man for making his first piece of furniture for our little girl. It looks like a potter's bench from a garden, but of course the pastels make it soft and sweet for a baby girl's nursery. Also, remember the sewing project I talked about? I was going to recover the glider? Well...I ran out of time and found a local seamstress to do it. We actually just got it back today and I thought she did a good job. The fabric feels like a mixture of corduroy and velvet. It is really soft and comfy. The picture of the crib is hard to make out. The stars and dragonfly actually are suspended from the ceiling. I love the way they look and it will be fun for her to look up and see them, but I am a little worried that they will fall into her crib so they may not last. (I am so paranoid. My husband assured me that they are safely secured to the ceiling!) The wall with the window is painted pink with a scallop at the top. My husband worked so hard to make that scallop just right. But that too did not show up so well on the photo. Any how, that's the finished product. Again, I was going to sew curtains for her nursery but I some how ran out of time. (I am blaming it on homeschool! :) So I found these curtains at Pottery Barn and had her initials monogrammed on them.

I hope she enjoys it! Thank you for those who gave their advice on how to decorate and what you liked. We are happy with the way it turned out and more importantly it was such a fun step in getting excited about her birth and celebrating her. We are officially "on call" now with the hospital. A nurse will call within the next 48 hours to tell us to come in to start the induction. So I am signing off until we get back. Thanks so much for your prayers!!

11 comments:

Renee said...

Wow, you did not miss a single detail! So adorable that I'm sure Lydia Joy will love it. Will you come help decorate if we have a girl? Don't think she'd appreciate the "boat" theme. : )

Just T said...

Hi, just popped over from Terrible Speller's blog. I just wanted to say congratulations, you and your husband have done an amazing job on your lil girl's nursery.
When I was pregnant with my daughter, who is now 6 1/2, my Mum and step-father made me a wooden changing table (white with pastel horse carousel hand painted by my Mum and I) .. my daughter still uses it in her bedroom .. although now it is for her teddy bears and shoes :)

terrible speller said...

It looks amazing, I can't wait to see it in person.

Kate said...

Oh my goodness! It's so beautiful - straight out of the pottery barn catalog! Awesome job! :) Many prayers over you and Lydia the next few days.

Wendy said...

Looks so nice! I agree w/Kate..out of a pottery barn catalog. Your husband did a great job too.

Praying for all of you. Can't wait to hear the good news!

Abby said...

Of course she will enjoy it! It's so sweet! I can't believe it's finally time! Maybe she and Rachael will have the same birthday. Can't wait to see pictures of this long expected little girl!!

Anonymous said...

I love your zeal for decorating...wish I could bottle that stuff! Prayers to you.

"Maggie"

RHB said...

Lydia Joy's nursery is beautiful! Great job! I love it! I think Lydia Joy will too! Can't wait to see pictures of her! Praying for you today!

Glass Half Full said...

VERY CUTE!! Terrible Speller said you had your baby -- CONGRATS!!!

Jennifer said...

It is beautiful as I am sure Lydia is..what agreat name, btw! Congratulations!!!

Just T said...

Just heard the news from TS. Congratulations on the arrival of Lydia Joy !!!