Thursday, September 28, 2006

Our little team

We have a love for college football. It actually marks my very favorite time of year for so many reasons. I remember in college during football season I could count on seeing my mom and dad every Saturday as they came to town for the games. I would meet my brother, who also attended the same college, at the stadium. I went to every game with my sweetheart all decked out (he was in a fraternity and in the south that means dressing up for every game). I love the smell in the air. I love looking at a crowd of 80,000 people that all have a love for the same team. I love instantly connecting with a stadium full of strangers. I love football season. For a girly-girl who was always into ballet and the dance team, it is the only sport I have ever understood. I never played sports in my life. So there it is, and now we are passing down the love to our little team. Don't they look cute?

4 comments:

Renee said...

Ah, yes, the challenge of family portraits. Wish there was a magic way to achieve this! The kids look adorable, but we must do something about their outfits! That just won't do. :) We too love this time of year with football on every Saturday even though MSU hasn't won a single game. Great times to enjoy a newborn though!

Wendy said...

What a great picture of your three little ones. Looks like your boys are loving having a little sister.

Kate said...

I'm so with you!! I love love love football - it's so electric (when your team is winning!)

RHB said...

War Eagle! I just met one of our Chi-O alums from Auburn at a Bible study here. She lives here in Clermont-Ferrand but was at AU when we were. What a small world.