Monday, September 18, 2006

Chuggin' along

Today was a quiet day at home. The boys made me laugh at the interesting things they found to entertain themselves with. For some reason, my oldest is obsessed with wanting to see E.T. So they came up with an E.T. skit and performed it on stage (our bed). We caught a pet praying mantis, named him Bacon Biscuit Pop Tart or "Bacon" for short. Their Daddy also found a little pet turtle for them that #2 named Nemo. Other forms of entertainment were the sand box, which they decided to sit in and pour sand from head to toe on one another. And they also created a really intricate dinosaur land with plastic dinosaurs. We decided to take homeschool as I felt like doing it this week...and I was not up for it today. #1 talked the entire day long. I wonder how he has a voice left at the end of the day. He asked me at dinner tonight, "What does it feel like to die?" Literally one sentence later he was telling me of a special exhibit at Disney World that he read about and wants to see next year when we go.

We found out at the dr. that I am 3/4 cm dialated. So we are feeling good about being induced this week. We were planned for Friday, but might get moved up to Thursday. Tomorrow we will know a day and time. I am completely focussed on having this baby and can't seem to accomplish anything else. I am done nesting. I now have no desire to clean, cook or wash clothes. My husband has provided a cleaning crew for me right now, thank goodness. So at least I know that Wednesday I can count on them to clean the house really well.

That's all for us. Not much excitement today, just chuggin' along!

1 comment:

Renee said...

I remember those last days before you know a new one is going to arrive. And so glad to hear you have some help cleaning the house. That too is a must with a newborn. : ) Praying for you. And can't wait to hear of her arrival and see pictures.