Sunday, July 23, 2006

Watching God at work

After a few minor compromises, our offer was accepted on the new house. We will close on our current house on Thurs. and close on the new house on Fri. Moving day will be Sat., we are required to be out by 11PM. Yesterday we had five people come over and help us pack. We got the entire downstairs packed and half of the garage. Now we just need to pack a bedroom each day this week (except for today, thank you Jesus for designating a day of rest). The kids will be at VBS for 3 hours each morning this week, so hopefully I will have plenty of time. Now our biggest prayers are that our new house will get a good report from the home inspector on Monday and that we will be able to find a mover who is available on short notice. We have never paid anyone to move us, so if we can't find professionals I am sure we can recruit help. But I would love for my husband not to have to spend the following week recovering. (He has a defect in his bottom two vertebrae that are not fused together properly and so he is prone to back aches.)

That's it for now. I know these details sound boring, but I feel inclined to post them just to proclaim God's grace and providence. He has lined up each and every detail beyond what we could have imagined. This process has been incredible to be a part of! If I think of it, I will post a few pictures tomorrow when I am on my computer. Gotta go get ready for the college group from church to come over. Isn't that hillarious? They will have paper plates and plastic utensils to eat with. We have furniture to sit on, but absolutely nothing else to enjoy. There are boxes everywhere. Oh well!

Oh, quick funny story. I took #1 to the ENT this week. He likes to STUDY the anatomy pictures on the wall. Right as the doc walked in his proclaims LOUDLY,"Oh, great. More private parts posted on the wall. I asked, "What do you mean?" He says, "Look, (pointing to a picture of the opening of the larynx), there is the woman's hole opening where the baby comes out!" I sink in my chair. It did look a lot like the "woman's private part". Maybe I should rethink taking this kid with me to the OB/GYN! We had noticed that he was studying the graphic posters. I justified that they at least were drawings and not real photographs. Yikes! I am NOT ready for the birds and the bees talk yet.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Glad things are coming along for you all and hope they continue to. And I'm sure the college group did not mind one bit what they were eating off of!

terrible speller said...

that is so so funny!