Thursday, July 27, 2006

Another LONG day!

Thanks everyone for praying for our move. We had a wonderful closing on our current house today. I really love the family that is moving into our house. They are from Egypt and have the most interesting life stories. They seem really sweet and I think our neighbors would love them. Is was interesting, they were "sold" on our house because of a "feeling" they felt when they came here. We had prayed that there would be the sweet "fragrance" of Christ to the right family and that He would lead just the right people to be here. The way they described how they felt here was really interesting. Anyway, the house is theirs now. We will finish packing tonight and tomorrow morning and begin moving boxes tomorrow after our closing late in the afternoon. My sweet mother-in-law is coming to watch the kids and she booked a hotel room for us for tomorrow night. And then Saturday the movers come to move the big stuff and whatever boxes we don't get to move tomorrow.

I can't explain how exhausted I am! I had to lay down and take a nap today. There was no getting around it! But after the nap and a big burrito at Moe's (okay, and an ice cream cone from Baskin Robbins)...I feel a second wind. If you have the time, please pray for energy for us. God has been extremely gracious to bless a with a sense of humor that we have never had during a move. For some reason (maybe, being slap happy) we are able to laugh at just about everything. One thing that I thought was funny was #1 keeps asking, "What does a closing look like?" I explain to him that you sit in an office and just sign papers and exchange money. Then he repeats, "NO!! What does a closing LOOK like?" There is no telling what image he has conjured in his little head, but he is determined that a closing is a living, breathing person.

That's all for now. A day and a half to go until we are moved in! And #3 will be here in 7 weeks. The countdown begins!

4 comments:

Joan said...

I have time. I pray for all his energy which so powerfully works in you. (Col. 3:1, I think).

Sounds like you are handling things so graciously! I'm inspired.

Blessings!
formerly: "Me, Who Else?"

terrible speller said...

I just can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog by chance. No, wait, I don't believe in chance. Anyway, I will hold you and your family in prayer. Children are so cute in the way they think. What a blessing.

Wendy said...

Glad to hear things went well. Hope you are getting settled and feeling at home in your new one. I know sometimes that can take awhile. I'm sure you are glad that this is all happening before Lydia arrives.