Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Under contract!

We have had an eventful week. Yesterday our house went under contract. We now have 8 days until closing and 10 days until we need to be moved out of our house. We have not allowed ourselves to look at new houses until this point. (The reason being that I fall in love, decorate the house in my mind, picture where our Christmas tree will be...and then the house sells before we sell our house and I've lost a little dream!) Anyway, we spent yesterday and today looking at houses. We have narrowed our list down to 2 houses and then there is 1 more to see tomorrow. Of course one of the houses is a little more expensive and of course that is my favorite house. We are praying that God would give us wisdom as we are in a time crunch and tired, but want feel His leading. Did I mention that the day we are supposed to be moving out I am helping the host a baby shower at a friend's house (it was supposed to be at my house...thank you Jesus for preventing that from being the plan) and then the next day some ladies are having a shower for me. Also, my #1's birthday is 12 days away and I was suppose to send out party invitations today. Of course, I didn't and I'm not even sure where we will have his party unless I want to pay BIG bucks to have it away from home.

In spite of the obvious chaos, I am PRAISING God for the timing of the move. We will easily be settled into our house before September. #3 will actually have a nursery to come home to (not that she cares). And I can postpone homeschool for a couple of weeks and then begin without interruption (until the baby comes that is). And I don't have to keep the house in perfect order and clean each and every time we leave! In fact, until our house is empty I will probably not be cleaning at all!

Well, that's our crazy week so far!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Could you have his birthday party at a park? I know sometimes you can rent the shelter areas for little money and then the kids could play too. Just a thought.

I hope the house stuff goes well. I know that can be stressful, especially with pregnancy, but it is all exciting too.

Lots of great new memories for all of you!

Kate said...

WOW!! Congrats! This is all going to happen so majorly fast but it will be cool to look back later and see how God has his hand in all that is going to happen. Good luck with the move.
(PS - please email me, I made Lydia a baby silky and want to mail it to you. Guess you have to figure out where I can mail it to now, huh?!) :)

Renee said...

That's great news! But I'm sure you are going to be super busy over the next few weeks...or months with the baby girl coming soon. Congratulations!